Run with us!
Spontaneous Coronary Artery Dissection (SCAD) is a life-threatening condition in which a tear occurs in the arterial wall of the heart. This tear blocks blood flow to the heart causing a heart attack, sudden cardiac arrest and sometimes death. Although SCAD is considered a rare condition, it is one of the leading causes of heart attacks in young women under 50 who are otherwise healthy and who have few or no risk factors for heart disease.
Join us for our inaugural SCAD 5K Fun Run along Jericho Beach in support of the Canadian SCAD Study to advance our knowledge and management of this rare and challenging condition.
This event is also a platform to build awareness and for the SCAD community to come together, share knowledge and empower each other. We welcome all patients, friends, families, health care providers and supporters to join us.
When: Saturday, September 8, 2018
Time: Begins at 2PM
Where: Jericho Beach
Length & Type: 5KM and non-competitive
Start/Finish Point Map:
Ways to Participate
- Register and fundraise as a team or individual
- Make a donation
- Sponsor the event
- Spread the word tell your friends!
- Come down and join us!
- Donations over $25 are eligible for an official charitable tax receipt.
- Online donations: The name of the credit card holder will automatically receive an electronic tax receipt to their email address
- Offline donations: Please provide any offline donations collected to an event representative at the registration table on event day
To learn more about the SCAD 5K Fun Run, please email Taira Birnie at Taira.Birnie@vch.ca, or call 604.875.4111 ext 61258. If you require any assistance in regards to the online platform (e.g. technical issues, registration or fundraising pages) please email Diane Lac at Diane.Lac@vghfoundation.ca, or call 604.875.4676 ext 68520